The Retail Employee / Project Specialist is responsible for performing a range of duties that ensures our customers have an amazing experience whether shopping in our store or picking up an order. Schedules for this part-time role include daytime, evenings, weekends, and early mornings.
What We Stand For
Established in 1978, The Container Store has grown to be the leading specialty retailer of storage and organization products in the United States and the only national retailer solely devoted to the category. We provide creative, multifunctional, customizable storage and organization solutions that help our customers save time, save space and improve the quality of their lives. We foster a culture built around our Foundation Principles, which define how we approach our relationships with our employees, vendors, customers and communities and influence every aspect of our business.
• Welcomes and greets all customers either as Host in the front entrance or throughout the store
• Connects with our customers throughout the store suggesting solutions to their organizational challenges
• Designs and sells custom closets and other storage and organization solutions
• Serves as a register person with strong focus on providing a great customer experience during check out
• Introduces and enrolls customers in our rewards program
• Works merchandise processing during early morning or evenings (based on the schedule)
• Maintains the Sales Floor – keeping shelves full and presented according to our brand standards.
• Supports carryout to our customers cars whether through curbside or in the parking lot/garages.
• Assists with cleaning routines around the store – including dusting, restrooms and vacuuming
• Processes customers’ orders for curbside pick-up and/or delivery
• Organizes the stockroom, ensuring it is well-maintained to support selling efforts of the store
• Adheres to the time expectations established for the role, performing tasks with accuracy and timeliness, while exhibiting pace and attention to detail
• Actively engages with customers to solve their organizational challenges
The Benefits of Working Here
Our benefits exemplify our commitment to ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
• Competitive Pay - Starting at $15.00 - $15.50 / hour
• Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
• Discount: 50% on Elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 25% on Avera and Laren
• Paid Time Off plus Holidays
• 401(k) plan & Company Match
• Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
• High school diploma preferred
• Retail sales experience a plus
• Strong computer skills
• Enjoys engaging with people and connecting with customers
• Understands retail is an ever-changing industry and requires flexibility in scheduling
• Must be at least 18 years of age
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with the
Americans with Disabilities Act